Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Sitcoms
Newheart is the very first sitcom I remember watching.  It stars Bob Newheart as Dick Lawdon who with his wife runs an inn in the countryside.  This is my favorite Sitcom which I used to watch when I was a kid.  I think it run from the early 80's up to the early 90's.  I just love how Bob Newheart acts and his facial expressions which always make me laugh. I do miss this sitcom a lot and after 30 years I got to see Bob Newheart again in Big Bang Theory as Professor Proton.  

Did you know that Bob Newheart was born in 1929?  This would make him around 88 years old now.  There's also a misconception that Bob is already dead since he was killed off in Big Bang Theory.  Well he is not dead and is still very much alive.
(11-22-2018, 05:53 PM)Kakashi2020 Wrote: Newheart is the very first sitcom I remember watching.  It stars Bob Newheart as Dick Lawdon who with his wife runs an inn in the countryside.  This is my favorite Sitcom which I used to watch when I was a kid.  I think it run from the early 80's up to the early 90's.  I just love how Bob Newheart acts and his facial expressions which always make me laugh. I do miss this sitcom a lot and after 30 years I got to see Bob Newheart again in Big Bang Theory as Professor Proton.  

Did you know that Bob Newheart was born in 1929?  This would make him around 88 years old now.  There's also a misconception that Bob is already dead since he was killed off in Big Bang Theory.  Well he is not dead and is still very much alive.

Never heard about Bob Newheart. I know Big Bang Theory and I could tell that it is one of the best series I have watched. I loved it so much because it made you laugh all the time.
I am not familiar with that sitcom neither Bob Newheart. During 80's or 90's foreign television show is not shown in our country. It's difficult to get access with other shows considering Digital Cable Tv connection is not yet introduce. Internet wasn't that famous. it's only cartoon anime that I watched before and some betamax movies.
Back when I was a kid in the 90s our TV networks here would run a lot of old sitcoms. One I loved was The Brady Bunch! It was originally released in the 60s I believe but it was still so much fun to watch.
I have a number of favorite old Sitcoms:

Family Matters
Sabrina The Teenage Witch
Step by Step
Martin
Living Single
Clueless
(11-24-2018, 04:39 PM)Judas2018 Wrote: I have a number of favorite old Sitcoms:

Family Matters
Sabrina The Teenage Witch
Step by Step
Martin
Living Single
Clueless

Thank you for sharing these! I haven't heard of a lot of them and now I'll be able to have new shows to watch!